Women’s size 6 to 7
By Emi Harrington
Copyright © 2013,
M. E. Harrington
This pattern may be printed for your personal use only. You may not in any form, reproduce, transmit, give away or distribute this pattern, including but not limited to images, diagrams and text, through any venue, including photocopying, other electrical or mechanical means, recording, or any other information storage and or retrieval system. If friends would like a copy of this pattern, please refer them to this blog so they can get their own:
Permission is granted to sell your finished garments.
www.mehartgallery.etsy.com (jewelry and flower tutorials)
Need Yarn? Buy yarn here: http://tinyurl.com/HectanoogaYarn
Want free patterns? Tune in here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Hectanooga1
Worsted weight yarn, 198 grams for adult, 50 grams for baby, all others somewhere in between.
Size 6.5mm crochet hook, (US K 10.5)
Optional: buttons and shoe laces
Use the following instructions, or follow the instructions in the video:
LINK HERE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEB-VfLCKRo
Gauge: 2 ½ stitches = 1 inch
1. WORKING WITH 2 STRANDS OF WORSTED WEIGHT YARN:
Make the sole:
Adult Small: women 5 to 7: Chain 22
2. Single crochet in the 2nd stitch from the hook, and in each stitch of the chain.
3. *Chain 1 and turn, single crochet in each stitch across the row.
Repeat from * for 6 more rows.
4. Make the sides:
*Chain 2 and turn, double crochet evenly around the rectangle, slip stitch to join.
Repeat from * for one more row, and fasten off.
5. Make the top section of the slipper:
(The top section is made exactly the same as the sole, but is shorter.)
Adult Small: women 5 to 7: Chain 12
*Single crochet in the 2nd stitch from the hook, and in each stitch of the chain.
Repeat from * for the same number of rows as in making the sole above in step 3. Fasten off.
6. Position the top section along the sides, and pin. Attach yarn on one end, and single crochet evenly around, attaching the top section to the sides.
7. Attach yarn in the center back stitch at the heel end of the slipper. Chain 2, double crochet in each stitch around the opening of the slipper, at the end of the row, slip stitch to join.
*Chain 2 and turn, double crochet in each stitch around, slip stitch to join. Repeat from * for as many rows as you would like.
8. Make the loop on the back of the slipper: Chain 12, single crochet into the next stitch on the slipper.
Fasten off and weave all yarn ends into the finished work
9. MAKE THE FLOWER;
Chain 5, slip stitch to join and form a ring. *chain 5, single crochet in the ring, repeat from * 5 more times, slip stitch to join and fasten off. Sew a button in the center of the flower, and attach to the slipper
FINISH UP: Optional: pass a shoe lace, or chained cord through a row of double crochet stitches at the ankle.
END OF PATTERN