# 544, SCRAP SLIPPERS
Newborn to Adult XXLarge
By Emi Harrington
Copyright © 2013,
M. E. Harrington
This pattern may be printed for your personal use only. You may not in any form, reproduce, transmit, give away or distribute this pattern, including but not limited to images, diagrams and text, through any venue, including photocopying, other electrical or mechanical means, recording, or any other information storage and or retrieval system.
Permission is granted to sell your finished garments.
Worsted weight yarn, 198 grams for adult, 50 grams for baby, all others somewhere in between.
Size 6.5mm crochet hook, (US K 10.5)
Optional: buttons and shoe laces
INSTRUCTIONS: Gauge: 2 ½ stitches = 1 inch
1. WORKING WITH 2 STRANDS OF WORSTED WEIGHT YARN:
(Change colors anywhere you like, or make these in one solid color.)
8 to 12 Years: Chain 20
Adult Small: women 5 to 7: Chain 22
2. Single crochet in the 2nd stitch from the hook, and in each stitch of the chain.
3. *Chain 1 and turn, single crochet in each stitch across the row.
Repeat from * for:
8 to 12 Years: 18 more rows.
Adult Small: women 5 to 7: 20 more rows.
4. *Chain 1 and turn, single crochet across the row, skipping every 2nd stitch.
Repeat from * for one more row, and fasten off with a long yarn end.
5. Thread the yarn end into a needle, and weave through the last row of stitch. Pull to gather up, and close the toe end of the slipper. Fold the slipper in half, and sew across the top to half way across. Secure with a few stitches, and weave the yarn ends into the finished work.
6. Attach yarn in the center back stitch at the heel end of the slipper. Chain 2, double crochet in each stitch around the opening of the slipper, at the end of the row, slip stitch to join.
*Chain 2 and turn, double crochet in each stitch around, slip stitch to join.
Repeat from * for as many rows as you would like.
Fasten off and weave all yarn ends into the finished work.
7. MAKE THE FLOWER;
Bottom layer: Chain 5, slip stitch to join and form a ring. *chain 8, single crochet in the ring, repeat
from * 5 more times, slip stitch to join and fasten off.
Top layer: Chain 5, slip stitch to join and form a ring. *chain 5, single crochet in th ring, repeat from *
5 more times, slip stitch to join and fasten off.
Stack the 2 layers, sew together and sew a button in the center. Attach to the side of the slipper with
FINISH UP: Optional: pass a shoe lace, or chained cord through a row of double crochet stitches at the ankle.
END OF PATTERN